Senior B2B Communications Manager
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with more than 15 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. Users love our high-quality product and our high app store ratings confirm this. But we’re not stopping here. We are looking for a passionate senior software quality assurance specialist to join our fully remote team.
About the role
With our natively integrated ad format called Sponsored Collections (https://bit.ly/3j9VJYX), we help partners from the tourism industry and outdoor sectors position their brands for the right target group. Germany, Austria and Switzerland are not just our core user market, these are also the markets where most of our b2b-partners come from. We want to build on this success, continue our growth and strengthen our brand in all segments of the tourism sector.
Therefore, we are looking for a Communications Manager who’ll lead our b2b communications strategy and own all segments of the b2b Communications and PR.
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone... and welcome all prospective applicants.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop a B2B Communications Strategy to position us as the go-to brand for advertisers who want to reach an active audience of hikers, cyclists and adventurers
- Drive brand awareness for our b2b products, mainly in the DACH tourism industry
- Reach decision makers and generate incoming leads in the tourism industry
- Team up with our B2C PR and Marketing Managers to align with our global brand and marketing initiatives
- You’ll have flexibility in your strategy and tactics with focus on B2B Content, Media, PR and Events
- Events: identify speaker opportunities, hold key notes at conferences, represent komoot at industry events
- Handle press communication with relevant tourism media
Why you will love it
- You will have a huge impact on the way komoot is perceived in the market, by shaping the way we present our brand to industry partners
- You will have freedom in your strategy and execution
- You will be pioneering the komoot b2b communications strategy - a unique chance to shine!
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working location of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out this video to find out more about our team.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have successfully developed B2B Communication strategies before
- Have 10+ years experience in Communications/PR/b2b Marketing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Understand the tourism industry in DACH, a strong network is a plus
- Have experience in representing a company at events, delivering keynote speeches
- Have experience in PR and working with the specialised media in marketing and tourism in DACH
- Have experience in managing agency relationships
- Have experience in organising events
- Fluent in German and English
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Bonus: Online + Digital Knowledge
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
- Bonus if you do something creative with komoot. We love it when people go one step further!
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot