MTB Community Manager - DACH Region
Are you an active part of the MTB community and love interacting with people in real life and online? Do you know the best MTB events, ambassadors and influencers to work with, and can convince them to share their stories on komoot, the biggest outdoor adventure platform in Europe? Can’t wait to work with our ambassadors such as Steffi Marth, Tobi Woggon, and the Gehrig Twins? Then this might be the job you’re looking for.
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life adventures with us. We help people like you to discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with more than 14 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
The komoot community is growing. And it’s growing fast. Our Community team works with some of the most interesting adventurers, events, and local partners, to put komoot firmly at the heart of the coolest things happening in cycling and hiking communities across Europe. Join a team of 10 other cycling and hiking nuts who care about their sport and community as much as you do.
We are on the lookout for an outstanding community manager to join Isabel and Saskia – our Road cycling and Hiking managers in our growing DACH team – on their mission to gain credibility and awareness for komoot in their sports.
Join our team and take responsibility for growing our community of mountain bikers online and on the trails in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Ready for your next adventure?
Whoops, Looks Like This Position Is No Longer Open!
What you will do
- Build a strong community of like-minded mountain bikers (MTB).
- Attend events and plan ride outs and meetups to grow our community.
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and turn them into brand ambassadors.
- Support our PR team in planning media campaigns and event schedules.
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to emails.
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic mountain bikers, hikers, and cyclists.
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever in the DACH region you want, be it from your home, on the beach or in the mountains.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you'll love.
- You’ll join us for team gatherings in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager.
- Are located in DACH and are connected in the MTB community.
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools.
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail.
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team.
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- A CV (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work: Tell us a bit about community management projects you’ve worked on in the past.
- Share your Twitter, Instagram, blog or your website with us so we can get a feel for your interests.
- A link to your komoot profile showing your favorite outdoor spot.
- Bonus if you do something creative with komoot. We love it when people go one step further!
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot