Highlight – Escursionismo
The castle stands on a sandstone hardness with a steep slope on the Aisch. On the west and south side was already the castle of the Counts of Hoechstadt. From their time, however, no remains are preserved in today's building stock. The oldest part of the present castle is the massive foundation of a tower on the northeast corner from the beginning of the 13th century. This measured 12 x 12 m and the wall thickness was 3 m. From the end of the 13th century extensive construction took place and its present appearance was given to the castle in the years 1714 by Bishop Lothar Franz von Schönborn.
The prince-bishop's palace became the property of the Bavarian crown in 1803 with the secularization. In 1963, the district of Höchstadt became the owner of the castle part of the Renaissance, the entire courtyard and the castle garden, in which a district administration building was added in 1965. The remainder then passed into the possession of the city of Höchstadt in 1993.
14 aprile 2018
Te ne intendi? Effettua l'accesso per aggiungere un suggerimento per altri avventurieri!