Highlight – Escursionismo
The three keeps that stand out on the hill-castle hill dominate the Alsatian plain from a height of 591m. They were built in the 11th and 12th centuries.
In the middle, the Wahlenbourg, the oldest. In the north, the Dagsbourg, in the south, the Weckmund, built in the 12th century.
The Wahlenburg: The oldest of the three castles built on a Romanesque lookout in 1006 by the count, Hugo IV, von Eguisheim and his wife, Heilwige, countess of Dabo. In 1026, Duke Ernest of Swabia destroyed the castle.
This building had three different parts. The soldiers were housed in the upper part, the count's quarters, in the middle, those of the service personnel and the officers, and at the very bottom. The Dagsbourg: They were built in 1144 by the Count of Ferrette and destroyed in 1197, after the uprising of Philip of Swabia, brother of the emperor, against Emperor Henry VI In 1225 and after the death of the last direct descendant of the Count of Dabo-Eguisheim, the Ferrette became the next heirs. But the Bishop of Strasbourg claimed this legacy, went to war and attacked the castles of Hoch-Eguisheim. the then ruler, Heinrich, King of Germany, united with the Count of Ferrette and a tower was built in 1226-1227 to replace the lower courtyard to prevent entry to the castle. It was Friden again. The bishop kept the castle in Dagsburg and the alarm clock went back to the count of Ferrette.
The castles were destroyed in 1466 during the 6 denarii krige.
17 ottobre 2019
Te ne intendi? Effettua l'accesso per aggiungere un suggerimento per altri avventurieri!